How Can Mold Cause Allergies?  

Mold can be found just about anywhere; both outside and inside of a home. Both types of mold can be hazardous to people, but mold that is found indoors is, by far, the most harmful. The reason that mold found indoors is the most harmful is because people spend the majority of their time indoors, and the climate indoor remains much more neutral, which gives mold a better climate to grow in. The good news is that people can make themselves less susceptible to mold-related allergies by having mold tests performed at least once per year, or immediately after they detect a musty smell forming within their home. The mold testing procedures are performed by a mold specialist, who may also be referred to as a mold inspector.

Reason Mold Causes Allergies

When people think about it, they know that mold causes allergies because that is what meteorologists have always told them during the nightly forecast, but people do not know the actual reason. When most people think of mold, they think of that disgusting greenish or brown-colored spot on some type of food in their home. This is certainly a type of mold, but what most people do not realize is that mold can become airborne when it is disturbed. When it gets in the air, it is just like pollen or any other airborne particle that can be inhaled. As if the inhalation causing allergy issues is not bad enough news, inhaling it long enough can lead to serious health problems, which could even result in death.

How Mold Testing Can Help the Problem

While mold in itself is not always preventable, unless a person is extremely anal about inspecting every area of their home every minute of every day, mold tests can help to prevent allergy problems before or immediately after they begin. What most people do not realize is that, while mold may be clearly visible on a slice of bread, this is not always the case when it is elsewhere in the home. Mold has a tendency to seek out dark areas of a home that also has plenty of moisture, which means it can easily find a spot behind a wall or under floorboards. The only way the resident would know they even had mold in their home would be if they noticed a musty smell. When a mold inspector or mold specialist performs mold testing, however, they will be able to locate exactly where the mold is growing and remove it before it can wreak havoc on a resident’s allergies. A mold inspector is the only one who has the required equipment to perform a mold inspection properly due to the fact it is often invisible to one’s eye.

When given the choice, most people would rather not have to deal with mold-related allergies, which is why it is so important to have a mold specialist, or mold inspector, perform mold testing as soon as possible. While mold may be able to hide from the naked eye, it does not stand a chance when competing against a mold inspection. Mold tests are cheap, and they do not take long, so they should be completed at least annually.

For Mold Inspection Services Please Call Us

888-316-7778